Julio TS #8

 Date: 8/13 Thursday


Tutee: Urania

Topic: Past progressive and future progressive


Feedback provided: I encouraged her to think of this grammar as changing it from the present progressive to the respective other tense, that way it may be easier to process than having to worry about doing each step over and over for both past and future. I encouraged her when she got questions right, and I tried my best to not give away the answer immediately when she didn't get it completely right, instead I tried to steer her towards the right answer by using a general rule as feedback.


Lessons learned: Teaching concepts in groups can make things far easier to understand for students. Additionally splitting things over several days can also be beneficial, because you can introduce the foundation of the topic on the first day, and then include variations on subsequent days to build on and reinforce the foundation without overwhelming the student.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brianna CO #5

GraceTD Tutoring logs 1-4 DK

Karen Observation #4