Julio TS #6
Date: August 11th Tuesday
Tutee: Urania
Topic: Present progressive
Feedback provided: I first checked to see if she understood how to use the grammar point, and when it became visible that she had not yet really come across it, we went over it, learning it and then doing a few practice questions. I mainly provided feedback after teaching the concept by reminding her of certain rules such as we have to use the verb "to be" in the correct form before using the action verb.
Lessons learned: You have to be both very thorough and very consistent when teaching a grammar point, because students need something to grasp and consistently refer to when they are learning the material. I opted to use the phrases helping verb and action verb, highlighting them each a different color when I used them. I think this helped make the concept a little clearer as well as help visualize the steps necessary to say something in the present progressive.
Comments
Post a Comment