Julio TS #5
Date: August 8 Saturday
Tutee: Wei
Location: Zoom
Topic: Intensive listening, intonation, and conditionals
Feedback provided: I used a brief moment of our 3 minute podcast segment to describe how different intonations can create a difference in meaning, and why making sure to pay attention to the way we use and listen for intonation can be crucial at all levels of conversation. As for conditionals, I helped clarify their use cases and the differences in each conditional in terms of what they communicate.
Lessons learned: When using native samples, they can be a lot more challenging than they seem to me as a native speaker, so I need to manage my expectations to make sure I am making the segments small enough to be digestible and not overwhelming. Additionally I should prepare potential vocab that may be new to the reader and be reader to answer spur of the moment questions. With the conditionals, I learned that intuitiveness is not always enough, and that I need to be very deliberate when creating and using examples to make sure I do not mix them up. Learners have to put a large degree of thought into how to use each conditional, so it is important to be prepared to explain something in depth even if I personally do not think about it at all when speaking.
Comments
Post a Comment