Julio TS #4

 Date: August 6 Thursday


Tutee: Urania

Location: Zoom

Topic: Pronunciation

Feedback provided: I walked through pronunciation of common Spanish L1 errors and their corrections (adding e in front of s+consonant, as well as y sounding like j). Since she previously mentioned she struggles a lot with pronunciation, we drilled these a few times, and I explained them in various ways. We will continue working on these L1 errors in the future, but progress was made and I made sure to provide encouraging praise whenever a pronunciation was clear and correct. 

Lessons learned: Pronunciation can be challenging to teach online, since video compression and audio devices take away from the clarity of pronunciation. That notwithstanding, when speakers struggle to formulate sentences on their own, it can be helpful to have them read off example or modeled sentences, that way you can assess some of their errors and teach the basics of pronunciation, intonation, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brianna CO #5

GraceTD Tutoring logs 1-4 DK

Karen Observation #4