Karen Tutoring Lesson #3

 Karen Vargas

Tutoring Blog # 3

 Date/Time: 7/13/2026; 5:00 p.m.; Wei Wan

Location: Dirac

Topic/Skill: Speaking/Conversation

Feedback provided to the tutee: I helped my tutee practice her conversation. That is where she wants most practice and we agreed to also work on her writing skills. I asked her questions about herself and she asked me questions. We spoke about different cultural norms. I corrected a few mistakes, mostly about vocabulary. I let her speak as I did not want to break her flow to often.

We will meet again on Wednesday the 15th.  Wei has a job interview next week and wants to practice for her interview. I have asked her for her Resume and the job position she is aspiring to, so I can prepare an interview. She already sent all the information.

Lesson(s) about tutoring and/or the tutee you learned: I learned a lot about my tutee and her tutoring needs. It also taught me to adjust to the tutee’s needs. Practice of everyday English is a very real need for foreign students. Communication (to understand) and being able to communicate (being understood) is very important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brianna CO #5

GraceTD Tutoring logs 1-4 DK

Karen Observation #4